Re: [wpmac] Word Services/Excalibur (was; Spellcheck dictionaries)

  • S Zaveloff
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4 1:01 PM
      John Rethorst wrote:

      > Word Services is an Apple protocol that allows one application to
      > incorporate the features of another. To use, go to Prefs > Word Services
      > and add the application. Click Done and exit Prefs. Excalibur should
      > now be available at the bottom of WP's Tools menu, as "Check Spelling".

      I can't get it to work. I had already downloaded Excalibur 4.0.2,
      which says it is Word Services aware. When I click on Word Services
      in the WP Preferences, I can navigate to the Excalibur folder. When
      I click on it, Excalibur-manual and Excalibur.app show. I highlight
      the app and click on Select and Contents comes up. I cancel and
      nothing has changed.

      Steven H. Zaveloff zaveloff@...
      P.O. Box 200203 Tel: (512)219-7142
      Austin, Texas 78720-0203 Fax: (512)233-2770
      http://home.earthlink.net/~zaveloff/

      "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
      judged by the way its animals are treated." -Gandhi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4 1:43 PM
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@...> wrote:

        > I can't get it to work. I had already downloaded Excalibur 4.0.2,
        > which says it is Word Services aware. When I click on Word Services
        > in the WP Preferences, I can navigate to the Excalibur folder. When
        > I click on it, Excalibur-manual and Excalibur.app show. I highlight
        > the app and click on Select and Contents comes up. I cancel and
        > nothing has changed.

        4.0.2 is an application of the OSX package type, a type developed
        after WP. WP can't connect to a package word service app for the
        same reason it can't connect to an OSX browser for URL links.

        Excalibur 3.0.2 works fine (and, for a browser, so do iCab and
        Netscape 7.0).

        John R.
      • S Zaveloff
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4 6:17 PM
          John Rethorst wrote:

          > 4.0.2 is an application of the OSX package type, a type developed
          > after WP. WP can't connect to a package word service app for the
          > same reason it can't connect to an OSX browser for URL links.
          >
          > Excalibur 3.0.2 works fine (and, for a browser, so do iCab and
          > Netscape 7.0).

          Thanks. That did it.