Re: WP article in lowendmac.com

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 48 , May 22 6:37 PM
      John, you're welcome to use my name in your article. I read LowEndMac
      all the time, and I think they're an ideal forum to let the wider Mac
      Community know about us. Please quote me on this too: the level of
      technical and even moral support provided to WP users in the two
      listservs is unparalleled.

      >> I have also long used Speed Doubler in OS8 and before (I think I saw a
      >> > free download of this somewhere),
      >
      > http://main.system7today.com/. Does this do anything in OSX Classic?

      Speed Doubler only works in OS8 and below. Thank you for tracking the
      download location down to http://main.system7today.com/updates.html.
      Copy Agent was the OS9 replacement, with TurboKeys included as a
      separate control panel. There is no need in Classic for CopyAgent
      itself, but TurboKeys loads in Classic, and provides both customizable
      system-wide keyboard shortcuts (which I still use for calling up the
      Chooser, for example) and the DOS-like pre-OSX version of full keyboard
      access that takes the form of underlined letters in menu items that can
      then be selected by hotkey. Some people didn't like this because it
      reminded them of DOS (which I have never used), but I use it all the
      time when in Classic. The OS9 version won't work in some Carbon
      applications, but works well in WordPerfect.

      With Connectix gone, hopefully this OS9 version too will show up as a
      download somewhere.

      Tom
    • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Message 48 of 48 , May 22 6:37 PM