Re: Fonts in Classic mode

    Message 1 of 42 , May 12, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Doug Auwarter <dauwarter@...> wrote:

      > As I use the flash drive (Sandisk Cruzer) to transfer files between a
      > Windows (XP) laptop and my Macs, reformatting the drive doesn't
      > appear to be a good solution.

      It only takes a few seconds to reformat a flash drive. Or maybe even
      better, can you zip, stuff or otherwise compress the font file? That
      should preserve all parts of the file. Or if both Macs have a net
      connection, you could email the file to yourself (set your email client
      to preserve Macintosh information, if such a switch exists in the
      program).

      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff