Fonts in Classic mode

  • Doug Auwarter
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2006
      I do have one problem. I can't get certain fonts (like Bradley Hand)
      that I used a lot in WP 3.5 in OS 9.2 to work in classic mode. I even
      tried putting them on a flash drive from my old iMac and putting them
      into the Classic (OS9) suitcase on my mini, but Classic and WP won't
      recognize them. Only the fonts that came with the Classic mode seem
      to work. How can I get all my fonts working in Classic?
      Best,
      Doug
      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff