Re: [wpmac] WP/Mac on Intel-based Macs

  • Doug Auwarter
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2006
      Yeah, I had heard that there would be no classic environment on the
      new ones, so I purposely bought one of the last PPC minis when the
      intel minis came out. I''m sure glad I did! But I'm confident that
      there will be some kind of package available from someone in the near
      future (that's less complicated to set up than Basilisk). Meanwhile,
      I'm glad WP runs so well on my mini in classic mode--actually, a
      little better than it did on my iMac running OS 9.2.
      Best,
      Doug

      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff