Re: [wpmac] Re: Obscure WordPerfects (was: WP/Mac on Intel-based Macs)

  • Rick Taft
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2006
      You bring back memories. I started using WordPerfect when I started
      using a Mac with OS 6.0.3. I believe it wasWP version 1.0.2. That
      prompted me to try it on my Apple IIc and IIe and later my IIgs.
      There was a forum on AOL (Actually it was still AppleLink Personal
      Edition) that delt with wordprocessing. It had a definite slant
      towards WordPerfect and AppleWriter.

      I really enjoyed each upgrade on the Mac versions - especially up to
      its last version - 3.5e. I loved the fact that it handled averything
      better than Word, used less memory than Word, and less storage space
      than Word. I came to depend on "Reveal Codes" for finding my mistakes
      in formatting. I wish other word processors adopted that feature. It
      would really make it easier to correct things.

      Just my rablings on WordPerfect.

      Rick

      "To love another person is to see the face of God."
      From the Broadway hit show, Les Miserables

      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff