Re: [wpmac] WP/Mac on Intel-based Macs

  • samanthalynn001
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, kevin <ksaunders242@...> wrote:

      > If we talkign about obscure Wordperfects. My first experience with WordPerfect
      > was on the Atari ST computer in the late 80's. Does anyone know if there was
      > a Wordperfect on any of the 8bit computers like the Apple II or Commodore 64?

      Actually, yes there was, and it's why I've stuck with WP from my Apple IIc to date (although
      I'm in the process of switching over to Nisus Writer, since WP appears to be my last Classic-
      dependent app anyway and now that I've got one of the last PPC Minis I'm looking towards
      *his* eventual successor having to be Intel someday). Talk about brand loyalty, eh? ;) I wish I
      could recall more about the user experience for you, darn it...
      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff