Re: [wpmac] WP/Mac on Intel-based Macs

  • Don V. Zahniser
    Message 1 of 42 , May 9, 2006
      On or about 5/8/06, ksaunders242@... wrote:

      > If we talkign about obscure Wordperfects.  My first experience with
      WordPerfect
      >   was on the Atari ST computer in the late 80's.   Does anyone know if
      there was
      >   a Wordperfect on any of the 8bit computers like the Apple II or
      Commodore 64?

      Somewhere around here I have both the 8-bit Apple ][ version, and the 16-
      bit Apple ][GS version...

      The ][GS version was file compatible with Wordperfect 4 for DOS.

      --
      Don V. Zahniser
      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff