RE: [wpmac] WP/Mac on Intel-based Macs

  • Gilbert, Geoffrey S
    Message 1 of 42 , May 8, 2006
      Thanks, Randy. It looks complicated, but there's hope. And some swear that 8.1 was the last decent pre-X OS (personally, I thought 8.6 should have had that title). So MacIntel machines aren't the end of my access to my old files. WPWin using Parallels for new stuff and
      Basilisk for the old stuff. Does anyone know if there's a WP for Linux (Parallels can run that OS, too) and if it's more or less like WPMac than WPWin?

      Geoff

      Message 42 of 42 , May 13, 2006
        John

        It's confusing, but not as bad in practice:
        1) If you want to use it in a Classic Application, it has to be in
        System Folder| Fonts. Equally, it has to be a Mac Font. In OSX,
        Windows fonts work, too.
        2) Don't do anything with the folder System| Library| Fonts. Leave it alone.
        3) If you are the only user of your Mac, whether you use Library|
        Fonts or ~| Library| Fonts is irrelevant. If you share it, fonts in
        your Home Folder Library are only available to you.
        4) In practice, WP has a very limited set of fonts while I have over
        400 available under OSX applications spread around all four font
        folders.

        Geoff