Re: [wpmac] Quick question

  • Randall C. Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2006
      1. Later versions of OSX are so much better in my opinion, that you
      should upgrade to Panther or Tiger.

      2. I don't know about 10.1, but when I upgraded a system 9 Powerbook
      to Tiger, I found I could not install OS9 to a disk where Tiger was
      already installed. (I don't think this was a problem with Panther)
      The fix after several frustrating days was to create a new partition
      and install my OS 9 folder on that. Of course it was tedious doing
      the OS9 updates sequentially from the original OS9 install disk, but
      you really should do that so that you are up to OS 9.2.2.

      P.S. If you have a Quicktime Pro license for OS9, probably you do not
      want to upgrade to the free recommended version of Quicktime because
      you'll lose your Pro features, and everything works well without the
      upgrade.

      --
      /S/ Randall

      mailto:rwilson@...