Re: [wpmac] Multiple page faxing

  • Steve Kane
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2006
      On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:23 AM, Philip Utley wrote:

      > I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
      > attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
      > page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
      > pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.

      The shareware PrintToPDF will allow you to create multipage pdfs from
      WP in Classic. It installs as a Classic print driver in the
      Extensions folder of the System Folder.

      PrintToPDF
      <http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html>
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Philip Utley <putley@...> wrote:

        > I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
        > attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
        > page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
        > pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.

        Mac WP 6?

        > Similarly, Scanwizard 5 (TIFF, PDF, PICT) has the box greyed out that
        > allows multiple paage scanning by my Microtek scanner.

        Is this a print driver?

        The link "WP and OS X" in the Links section here goes to an
        excellent page by Ed Mendelson that has instructions on building
        a free PDF printer driver (separate instructions for OSX Panther and Tiger).
        The "Print to PDF" link is another solution, as another post mentioned.

        > Is there a software program that would allow the combining of pages?

        "Combine PDFs" (link in the links section) is a great, free utility that
        merges PDF files (also GIF and JPEG files) into one document.

        John R.
      • Philip Utley
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2006
          >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Philip Utley <putley@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
          >> attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
          >> page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
          >> pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.
          >
          >Mac WP 6?

          "6-page document"

          >> Similarly, Scanwizard 5 (TIFF, PDF, PICT) has the box greyed out that
          >> allows multiple paage scanning by my Microtek scanner.
          >
          >Is this a print driver?

          It's the graphics format/copy/print/ program that accompanies the
          Microtek 8700 scanner.

          >The link "WP and OS X" in the Links section here goes to an
          >excellent page by Ed Mendelson that has instructions on building
          >a free PDF printer driver (separate instructions for OSX Panther and Tiger).
          >The "Print to PDF" link is another solution, as another post mentioned.
          >
          >> Is there a software program that would allow the combining of pages?
          >
          >"Combine PDFs" (link in the links section) is a great, free utility that
          >merges PDF files (also GIF and JPEG files) into one document.
          >
          >John R.

          Thanks to you and Steve Kane for the quick help!

          Phil