Multiple page faxing

  • Philip Utley
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2006
      I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
      attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
      page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
      pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.

      Similarly, Scanwizard 5 (TIFF, PDF, PICT) has the box greyed out that
      allows multiple paage scanning by my Microtek scanner.

      Is there a software program that would allow the combining of pages?

      Phil
    • Steve Kane
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2006
        On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:23 AM, Philip Utley wrote:

        > I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
        > attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
        > page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
        > pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.

        The shareware PrintToPDF will allow you to create multipage pdfs from
        WP in Classic. It installs as a Classic print driver in the
        Extensions folder of the System Folder.

        PrintToPDF
        <http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html>
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Philip Utley <putley@...> wrote:

          > I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
          > attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
          > page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
          > pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.

          Mac WP 6?

          > Similarly, Scanwizard 5 (TIFF, PDF, PICT) has the box greyed out that
          > allows multiple paage scanning by my Microtek scanner.

          Is this a print driver?

          The link "WP and OS X" in the Links section here goes to an
          excellent page by Ed Mendelson that has instructions on building
          a free PDF printer driver (separate instructions for OSX Panther and Tiger).
          The "Print to PDF" link is another solution, as another post mentioned.

          > Is there a software program that would allow the combining of pages?

          "Combine PDFs" (link in the links section) is a great, free utility that
          merges PDF files (also GIF and JPEG files) into one document.

          John R.
        • Philip Utley
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2006
            >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Philip Utley <putley@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I can't seem to get a multiple page document into a fax or email
            >> attachment. I use OS 10.3.9 and WP 3.5eBeta. I try saving a Mac WP 6
            >> page document to file in eps format so I can open it with preview as
            >> pdf and fax it. Only the first page gets saved.
            >
            >Mac WP 6?

            "6-page document"

            >> Similarly, Scanwizard 5 (TIFF, PDF, PICT) has the box greyed out that
            >> allows multiple paage scanning by my Microtek scanner.
            >
            >Is this a print driver?

            It's the graphics format/copy/print/ program that accompanies the
            Microtek 8700 scanner.

            >The link "WP and OS X" in the Links section here goes to an
            >excellent page by Ed Mendelson that has instructions on building
            >a free PDF printer driver (separate instructions for OSX Panther and Tiger).
            >The "Print to PDF" link is another solution, as another post mentioned.
            >
            >> Is there a software program that would allow the combining of pages?
            >
            >"Combine PDFs" (link in the links section) is a great, free utility that
            >merges PDF files (also GIF and JPEG files) into one document.
            >
            >John R.

            Thanks to you and Steve Kane for the quick help!

            Phil