Re: [wpmac] Canon Drivers/Classic

  • Steve Kane
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2006
      On Apr 23, 2006, at 6:13 PM, Daryl Ngee Chinn wrote in part:

      > I've bought a late model Powerbook G4 so I could still use WP for
      > Macs. Does anyone know
      > how to successfully install the printer drivers for my Canon BJC-85
      > so that I can print under
      > Classic OS/WordPerfect? Since I cannot run this computer on System
      > 9 only, I can't install the
      > drivers.
      >
      > Also, is there any workaround to printing WP on Mac OS 10.4.6 on
      > printers which don't
      > support Classic?

      You can install PrintToPDF as a Classic print driver and then open
      the pdf in Preview in Mac OS X and print it from there.

      PrintToPDF 2.4.4 – Mac OS – VersionTracker
      <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/3595>

      Also, though I have not tried it, I believe that in Classic running
      under 10.4 you can use the LaserWriter 8 driver to create a
      postscript file which you could then open in an application that can
      open such a file (don't know much about this).

      Also, if I recall correctly, in Classic under 10.4 it is possible to
      use the LaserWriter 8 driver to print to the default Mac OS X
      printer, but it has been a while since I played with that.