Re: [wpmac] Off Topic, but desperately need help with Imac

  • Ford Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2006
      You can force-eject the disk with a paper-clip (hole in cd door
      233-333MHz machines; right end of slot on slot-load 450MHz-+, the static
      hairs hide it, a small button the paper clip depresses); this is with
      the power on! Or just unplug the unit, power on and press and hold the
      top right corner button, the eject key, has a small upwards triangle
      with a line below it. Usually JUST after the picture tube lights for
      the first time will be the time to start pressing it. This ejects the
      CD/DVD.

      I suspect your iMac needs a firmware update (apple.com) , a model number
      helps as even the first iMacs (233MHz) run 10.3 fine 160MB RAM suggested.

      FGD
      Albuquerque