WP 3.5 won't install...

  • mangueirense
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
      on a Mac mini running OS 10.4.
      When I double click on the program installer nothing happens except
      the "Script Editor" opens.
      Classic seems to be running OK.
      Thanks,
      Doug
    • Doug Auwarter
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
        OK...actually, I figured it out. I had to use the disk repair utility
        to repair "permissions." (Applications�> Utilities �; open Disk
        Utility. Click your hard drive's name on the left side list; click
        the First Aid tab; click Repair Disk Permissions.) Everything works
        perfectly now.

        BTW, I strongly recommend "OSX-the Missing Manual" by David Pogue. If
        you're new to this system like me, it's invaluable. I've already
        solved several problems like this one with it.

        I was a member of this list several years ago, but after going for
        quite a stretch without problems, unsubscribed. I'm glad to see it's
        still thriving. Viva WordPerfect!
        Best,
        Doug

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Doug Auwarter <dauwarter@...> wrote:

          > OK...actually, I figured it out. I had to use the disk repair utility
          > to repair "permissions." (Applications—> Utilities ƒ; open Disk
          > Utility. Click your hard drive's name on the left side list; click
          > the First Aid tab; click Repair Disk Permissions.) Everything works
          > perfectly now.

          I use a utility called Macaroni (see Version Tracker or Macupdate) to
          run various system maintenance routines, including those that
          Apple includes with OSX but which either do not run automatically
          or require that your machine be on and awake at odd hours. By
          default, Macaroni repairs permissions once a week. Repair is also,
          as you point out, a good first step to take manually when something
          isn't working as it should.

          > BTW, I strongly recommend "OSX-the Missing Manual" by David Pogue. If
          > you're new to this system like me, it's invaluable. I've already
          > solved several problems like this one with it.

          I like that book too.

          > I was a member of this list several years ago, but after going for
          > quite a stretch without problems, unsubscribed. I'm glad to see it's
          > still thriving. Viva WordPerfect!

          Welcome back!