question and correction

  • kevin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
      I miswrote something on my last post, my question was/is does anyone know
      of a word processor I can get easily that will run natively on OS 10.1.5 pre Jaguar!

      thanks for any help and all the help Ive goit in the past.

    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
        >kevin wrote:
        >
        >my question was/is does anyone know of a word processor I can get
        >easily that will run natively on OS 10.1.5 pre Jaguar

        Why are you running OS 10.1? It's quite buggy and crude compared to
        Panther, which you can get for $50 from Other World Computing. You
        can use Ex Post Facto to install Panther on any Mac that will run
        10.1.
        --

        Bob Stern
      • kevin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
          Why am I running OS 10.1 still? Personally I havent noticed any bugs but I
          have absolutely no native software. I am sort of tight for money lately
          but I am saving for either a new (actually used, but new to me) Mac sometime
          soon, so why spend 50 dollars on OS X when I will undoubtably get a a modern
          version with my next mac. Meanwhile I have 10.1 and 9.2 on my current machine. Maybe I havent noticed any bugs because I did upgrade to 10.1.5
          which is the non buggy version of 10.1

          So do you have any advise as far as native word pro?

          Bob Stern <bob_stern@...> wrote: >kevin wrote:

          >my question was/is does anyone know of a word processor I can get
          >easily that will run natively on OS 10.1.5 pre Jaguar

          Why are you running OS 10.1? It's quite buggy and crude compared to
          Panther, which you can get for $50 from Other World Computing. You
          can use Ex Post Facto to install Panther on any Mac that will run
          10.1.
          --

          Bob Stern

          Wedding program software Medical software program Cad software program Maintenance program software Email software program Backup software program

          ---------------------------------

        • Bob Stern
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
            You can try Tex Edit Plus - $15:
            http://www.tex-edit.com/
            --

            Bob Stern
          • Bob Stern
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
              Better idea: search VersionTracker and read the user comments.
              --

              Bob Stern
            • kevin
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
                is this a stupid question? what is versiontracker??? Thanks

                Bob Stern <bob_stern@...> wrote: Better idea: search VersionTracker and read the user comments.
                --

                Bob Stern

                Maintenance program software Email software program Backup software program Medical software program Cad software program Wedding program software

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
                  --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, kevin <ksaunders242@...> wrote:

                  > what is versiontracker??? Thanks

                  http://www.versiontracker.com/ and http://macupdate.com/ are
                  two sites that list Mac software (both have separate sections for
                  Classic and OSX items). They have sections for graphics, utilities
                  etc., list programs that developers have submitted to them, and
                  have space for user reviews. They also list popular downloads
                  and editors' picks, and let you browse or search for software.