[wpmac] Re: Windows on an Intel Mac - video proof

  • Randall C. Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      The answer would depend on why you are running XP. If you need to
      work on a cross platform solution or just do a few things in XP
      related to your mac centric project, running Virtual PC might be
      preferable to alternatively booting in and out Mac and Windows
      operating systems. Virtual PC lets you drag and drop a common file
      from one desktop computing environment to the other. There are other
      conveniences and the speed of virtual PC is acceptable for brief
      tasks.

      On the other hand, if you want to run a graphically intensive game
      designed for Wintel--rebooting into Windows XP seems unavoidable.

      If you want to use and Intel Mac to exclusively boot in to Windows
      remember that Apple is providing no technical support for those who
      choose to do so.

      --
      /S/ Randall

      mailto:rwilson@...

      Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...
    • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
        Actually they are only providing the tech support for BootCamp, not XP.

        I could think of a reason Why I would want to use BootCamp but only one.

        I maintain a website for an association I belong too. Problem is I use a
        Mac. And everyone else uses a Windows system. I would like to be able
        just to run Internet Explorer 6 or above just to see if my pages show up
        correctly. That is my "only" reason.