Windows on an Intel Mac - video proof

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
      ... that it works is offered by David Pogue, on the front
      page at http://nytimes.com today (and should be in
      their accessible library of current videos for a few days).
      You need Windows XP and the time to do it. References
      given to http://onmac.net/ and
      http://features.uneasysilence.com/mactel/
    • krcstudio
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        Is it a good thing to run XP on the Intel MACs?

        > ... that it works is offered by David Pogue, on the front
        > page at http://nytimes.com today (and should be in
        > their accessible library of current videos for a few days).
        > You need Windows XP and the time to do it. References
        > given to http://onmac.net/ and
        > http://features.uneasysilence.com/mactel/

      • Randall C. Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          The answer would depend on why you are running XP. If you need to
          work on a cross platform solution or just do a few things in XP
          related to your mac centric project, running Virtual PC might be
          preferable to alternatively booting in and out Mac and Windows
          operating systems. Virtual PC lets you drag and drop a common file
          from one desktop computing environment to the other. There are other
          conveniences and the speed of virtual PC is acceptable for brief
          tasks.

          On the other hand, if you want to run a graphically intensive game
          designed for Wintel--rebooting into Windows XP seems unavoidable.

          If you want to use and Intel Mac to exclusively boot in to Windows
          remember that Apple is providing no technical support for those who
          choose to do so.

          --
          /S/ Randall

          mailto:rwilson@...

          Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...
        • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
            Actually they are only providing the tech support for BootCamp, not XP.

            I could think of a reason Why I would want to use BootCamp but only one.

            I maintain a website for an association I belong too. Problem is I use a
            Mac. And everyone else uses a Windows system. I would like to be able
            just to run Internet Explorer 6 or above just to see if my pages show up
            correctly. That is my "only" reason.