Vanishing document (was: double-clicking to open docs)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ianbooks2000" <ianbooks@...> wrote:

      > FWIW, I just downloaded & installed OS10.4.6 (new update). After
      > I had moved to 10.4.5, I couldn't open WP documents except by
      > using File> Open. Double-clicking didn't work, and neither did
      > dragging the file icon & dropping it on the WP icon. Now (for the
      > moment at least [crossed fingers]), double-clicking again works.
      > No idea why, or why it stopped, but maybe the update fixed
      > some subtle problem.

      Or the update can in effect repair something that had become
      corrupted.

      I would like to stay on top of this, since the fact that only a few
      people (running several flavors of OSX) experience it suggests it
      can be fixed. Since the discussion a week ago, has anyone with
      the issue reinstalled anything, run diagnostics (with other than
      the supplied Disk Utility), or changed system configuation,and
      fixed it?