double-clicking to open docs

  • ianbooks2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      FWIW, I just downloaded & installed OS10.4.6 (new update). After
      I had moved to 10.4.5, I couldn't open WP documents except by
      using File> Open. Double-clicking didn't work, and neither did
      dragging the file icon & dropping it on the WP icon. Now (for the
      moment at least [crossed fingers]), double-clicking again works.
      No idea why, or why it stopped, but maybe the update fixed
      some subtle problem.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ianbooks2000" <ianbooks@...> wrote:

        > FWIW, I just downloaded & installed OS10.4.6 (new update). After
        > I had moved to 10.4.5, I couldn't open WP documents except by
        > using File> Open. Double-clicking didn't work, and neither did
        > dragging the file icon & dropping it on the WP icon. Now (for the
        > moment at least [crossed fingers]), double-clicking again works.
        > No idea why, or why it stopped, but maybe the update fixed
        > some subtle problem.

        Or the update can in effect repair something that had become
        corrupted.

        I would like to stay on top of this, since the fact that only a few
        people (running several flavors of OSX) experience it suggests it
        can be fixed. Since the discussion a week ago, has anyone with
        the issue reinstalled anything, run diagnostics (with other than
        the supplied Disk Utility), or changed system configuation,and
        fixed it?