Re: [wpmac] corel going public

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
      >John Sandel wrote:
      >
      >there are 1,046 member of this Yahoo group. That means if we each
      >buy 90,00 shares of Corel, we'll have a majority and can direct the
      >R&D guys to resurrect WP for the Mac

      You missed this part of the announcement:
      "Vector said it would still own about 66 per cent of Corel after the
      share offering."
      --

      Bob Stern
    • Richard Fallstrom
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
        John Rethorst wrote:
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, John Sandel <johnsandel@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Well, let's see—there are 1,046 members of this Yahoo
        > > group. That means if we each buy 90,00 shares of
        > > Corel, we'll have a majority and can direct the R&D
        > > guys to resurrect WP for the Mac . . .
        > >
        > > It's a mad plan, but it—just—might—work.
        > >
        > > Light the incense pots! Unfurl the forbidden parchment!
        > > This creature will LIVE!!
        > >
        > > JS
        >

        > I like this guy.
        >
        > John R.

        So do I John. So do I.
      • John Sandel
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
          I didn't read the announcement. What are mere numbers in the face of
          our eternal desire to see 20-year-old software stagger pitifully into
          the third millennium?

          I'm mad with shareholder power—MAD, I tell you! Nothing will stop me
          from reanimating this tattered corpse . . .

          JS

          On Apr 4, 2006, at 2:31 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

          >> John Sandel wrote:
          >>
          >> there are 1,046 member of this Yahoo group. That means if we each
          >> buy 90,00 shares of Corel, we'll have a majority and can direct the
          >> R&D guys to resurrect WP for the Mac
          >
          > You missed this part of the announcement:
          > "Vector said it would still own about 66 per cent of Corel
        • krcstudio
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2006
            Yes. Thanks very much. I read yesterday about universal binaries so
            I guess this is what I need to look for with this new MAC.

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl Ngee Chinn"