Wordperfect Conversion 2.1

  • luvme48340
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2006
      Thanks for creating such a timely program.

      I am trying to setup my computer to convert and I am having some
      "DIRECTIONAL" issues...

      I don't know what to do, other than what is in the readme.txt file. I
      don't see a folder that says system folder other than my OS X and OS 9
      folders-- yet you say place the maclinkplus wordperfect 3 in the
      "system folder" and not the other 2.

      Once I get these in place correctly, what is OR are there directions
      as to how to complete the conversion step-by-step.

      THANKS again! YOU are a lifesaver and Timesaver!
      -KEVIN
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "luvme48340" <luvme48340@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for creating such a timely program.
        >
        > I am trying to setup my computer to convert and I am having some
        > "DIRECTIONAL" issues...
        >
        > I don't know what to do, other than what is in the readme.txt file. I
        > don't see a folder that says system folder other than my OS X and OS 9
        > folders-- yet you say place the maclinkplus wordperfect 3 in the
        > "system folder" and not the other 2.

        OSX with a Classic install has three such directories, with the
        default names of "System", "System (Mac OS 9)" and "System Folder".
        The last one is what you want. Go to the System Preferences >
        Classic prefpane: in bold type near the top you should see
        "Classic is running using folder "System Folder" on volume
        "<name of your startup disk>" (or other folder name if you've
        renamed it, on another disk if you've moved it).

        Within this System Folder is an Extensions folder, which is where
        you want to put the MacLink extension.

        > Once I get these in place correctly, what is OR are there directions
        > as to how to complete the conversion step-by-step.

        The folder in the distribution named "Conversions" should go
        in the same folder as the WordPerfect application, unless you've
        designated another folder as the WP application folder, in WP's
        Preferences. Don't rename this folder.

        The other items in the distribution should be located as
        specified in the distribution readme file.

        > THANKS again! YOU are a lifesaver and Timesaver!

        That's what we're here for.
      • luvme48340
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2006
          I am running a iMAC G3 and it has only 2 system folders.
          One says system (OS X) and system folder (OS 9).
          I started classic, so classic AND OS X are running simultaneously.

          I have placed the WP conversion folder inside of my Corel WP folder
          with the application.

          Maclink is in the OS 9 system extension folder.

          Now my question is still how to convert them since I have everything
          in place.

          Thanks again!

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2006
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "luvme48340" <luvme48340@...> wrote:

            > Now my question is still how to convert them since I have everything
            > in place.

            Start with the readme files in the Conversions folder in the Files
            section here. Smokey Ardisson's "Opening & Converting in WP-Mac" is
            an excellent introduction.