Re: vanishing document

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 19, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D." <TJRostaf@...>
      wrote:

      > Do I need still more memory???

      I'm sure that's not it. Have you quit WP and tossed the Preferences
      file? Quit and dragged the Library out to the desktop? (WP will
      build a new one, and you can copy styles, macros etc. into it. Do
      not copy macros entitled "OnStartup" and "OnOpenDocument" in
      case those have something to do with this.) Have you reinstalled
      WP? The OS? Any particular login items that you could turn off?

      John R.
    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 19, 2006
        >John Rethorst wrote:
        >
        >Have you reinstalled WP? The OS? Any particular login items that you
        >could turn off?

        I would try reinstalling Classic (not OS X).
        --

        Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 16 , May 25, 2006
          There's a thread about this on comp.sys.mac.apps right now:
          "classic apps are a bit shy coming in..." indicating that the problem
          is not specific to WP, but happens to some people with any Classic
          app. One poster reported that Repairing OS 9 Permissions helped some.