Re: [wpmac] Mac word processor question, part II (thank you all!)

  • queryist2005
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2006
      In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "kevin"
      <ksaunders242@...> wrote:
      Is there a way to increase the font size without changing the
      printed font size?

      I found that decreasing the resolution of my monitor increases
      the size of everything -- works better on CRT monitors than on
      LCD's.

      Ron Fradkin
    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12, 2006
        >John Rethorst wrote:
        >
        >the SmoothType control panel (in the Files section here) fixes it.

        Thanks, John! SmoothType ($10 shareware) improves the legibility of
        Times (Postscript) and Times New Roman (TrueType) in WordPerfect
        quite a bit. FYI, I prefer 4-bit smoothing to subpixel smoothing.
        --

        Bob Stern
      • eleu navarro
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2006
          Mac OSX will run fine on imac, 400mhz, 384 ram. It
          will run fine for most task.

          Have fun.