Re: FrameMaker Petition

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Randy B. Singer <randy@...> wrote:

      > Apple Computer, apparently is still using FrameMaker, in OS 9, to produce
      > their own user guides, and apparently Apple's technical writers are
      > amongst the folks making noise in the direction of Adobe. So, there is
      > some serious interest.

      I've heard quite a few people say that for long and technical documents,
      Framemaker is the best choice.

      This fits with more general discussion suggesting that many users
      requiring depth of implementation of features still rely on Classic for
      important parts of their workflow.

      Kinda ironic, and IMO not Apple's best business decision, to leave
      Classic out of Rosetta. But I hear more about third-party efforts every
      day.