Re: Spotlight problem

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
      Anyone else have this problem with a second drive?
      There are apparently Spotlight issues with second
      drives; see a Google newsgroups search on

      spotlight (disk OR drive) group:comp.sys.mac.*

      Does this happen only with WP documents?

      Does the "Spotlight > WP 1.1" utility, just posted,
      perform differently?

      It doesn't sound like a plug-in issue, but have you
      tried downloading and reinstalling the plug-in? (In
      the system library, not your user library).

      Then reindexing WP documents with terminal command

      mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/WordPerfect.mdimporter

      You can reindex volumes with e.g.

      sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/MacHD.

      or the GUI means I prefer, adding the volume to the
      privacy list and then deleting it from the list (I would
      rather recreate an index than manually modify one).