Re:Viewing files

  • strongrunning1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
      Thank you for your replies. Sorry I didn't explain my request more
      clearly. When I am searching for files to download from this
      WordPerfect Mac User Group site, I'd like to have the option to see
      the most recently created/modified files listed first or to have them
      listed as they are now, in alphabetical order. Is that possible to
      configure, or get Yahoo! to configure for us? (Maybe I'm the only one
      who'd appreciate that.)

      A second question. There are quite a few messages on this site.
      (Hooray for the support!) I know that any message that answers a
      question is a valuable message. Understanding that, has anyone tried
      to look through the mound of messages here to come up with a list of
      "Most Valuable" tips? For example, I thought the link Randy Singer
      provided to help streamline Classic was a tip well worth everyone's
      read (message 2491).

      Thanks again.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "strongrunning1" <apgreene@...> wrote:

        > When I am searching for files to
        > download from this WordPerfect Mac User Group site, I'd
        > like to have the option to see the most recently
        > created/modified files listed first

        It would be helpful. At present they can only be listed
        alphabetically. I'll put in a suggestion to Yahoo to let us sort
        them by date.

        > A second question. There are quite a few messages on this
        > site. (Hooray for the support!) I know that any message
        > that answers a question is a valuable message.
        > Understanding that, has anyone tried to look through the
        > mound of messages here to come up with a list of "Most
        > Valuable" tips? For example, I thought the link Randy
        > Singer provided to help streamline Classic was a tip well
        > worth everyone's read (message 2491).

        I put everything I can think of into the Tips & Macros file. There's
        also the Archive Index, over 500 pages of subject lines of posts,
        Mac News tips and WP book topics, which is searchable and the
        results list includes hyperlinks to message numbers here. A
        search on "classic" returned 213 hits.

        Another Most Valuable Tips file would be a great idea.