Add "Open in WP" to Finder contextual menu (was: problems opening from WP3.1)

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
      > 1. Hold down the option key while highlighting the file and choose
      > "Open With"----navigate to WP 3.5e

      In Tiger, you can add a command to the Finder's contextual menu
      to open a file in WP:

      1. Launch Automator and click on Finder in the Library column.
      2. In the Action column, drag Open Finder Items to the empty
      area on the right-hand side.
      3. In the Action itself, click the "Open with" pop-up and set
      it to WordPerfect.
      4. Select File > Save as Plug-in.
      5. In the dialog that appears, enter the name you want to give
      to the plugin (e.g. "Open in WordPerfect") in the "Save Plug-in As"
      field, and set the "Plug-in for" pop-up to Finder.
      6. Click the Save button.

      Then just control-click on a file and, in the Automator menu,
      you'll see the Open in WordPerfect command.

      Thanks to macosxhints.com for this tip.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "vazahagirl" <vazahagirl@...> wrote:

        > Â…the program seems to work ok, but it's not reading my
        > documents; it won't even let me try to open them with it.

        "Open in WordPerfect.sit", free in the Files section here,
        is a drag-and-drop applet: drop one or more files of any
        type on it to open them in WP (WP may or may not be able
        to read the file).

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006

          > "Open in WordPerfect.sit", free in the Files section here,
          > is a drag-and-drop applet: drop one or more files of any
          > type on it to open them in WP (WP may or may not be able
          > to read the file).

          New in this update: the option to make the dropped files open
          in WP by default.