Re: Why hasn't Corel learned how to market Wordperfect? ([wpmac] Digest Number 316)

  • Jonathan Levi, M.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:28:56 -0800, Randy B. Singer
      <randy@...> wrote:
      >I don't know if WordPerfect will adopt [MicroSoft's new open]
      >format, but it seems to me that they would be very ill advised not
      >to. However, even if they do, that won't necessarily help WP/Mac
      >users, as there will still be no
      >version of WP for the Mac, and possibly no WP/Mac to OpenDocument format
      >converter.

      I assume it still could be done (on a PPC Mac only) by converting
      using MacLink Plus to a supported format, such as Word, then by
      importing with Openoffice or NeoOffice/J. However, I suspect that
      complex formatting would be at high risk for breaking during the two
      conversions. --Jonathan