Re: [wpmac] Digest Number 317

  • tj dombrowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
      Whatever happened to Wordperfect for Java.
      I had downloaded this version while it was in beta and part of Novell prior
      To Corel. I lost it a few years ago after I had to reinstall and I have
      never found it for download again.

      I wish I still had it, since you could use it on any pc/os.

      Corel should bring back that source code and put out a Java/Mac version
      Then clasic os/9, osx power, and osx Intel could all run an updated version.

      Just my thoughts.
      If anyone still has a copy of the java beta version of wp from novell.
      Let me know.

      TJ
    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
        tj dombrowski said:

        >Whatever happened to Wordperfect for Java.

        It was never released by Corel, and they just shelved it and forgot about
        it. I'm not sure that anyone who worked on it originally still works for
        Corel, and in recent years folks that I've talked to with Corel don't
        know anything about it.

        It's really a shame, because it was almost identical to WordPerfect/Mac,
        and it would have been the perfect solution for multi-platform
        compatibility.

        Randy B. Singer

        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html