Stripped-Down Classic

  • strongrunning1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2006
      Although I have only just joined this group, I have used WordPerfect
      for many years.

      Like most of you, I wish WP development had continued, for it is still
      a great program. (Thank you, John, for your incredible work over the
      years, making WP ever more flexible, customizable, and easy to use.)
      Failing further development, I too wish there were a Mac OS X program
      that could faithfully import all of WP–-formatting, macros, etc.--so I
      could finally dump Classic.

      However, I've learned and customized WP so well that, although I've
      also had many versions of Word, I am reluctant to give up on WP and
      deal with yet another word processing program and another learning
      curve to do what I am already able to without much thought with WP.

      Has anyone played around with what the bare bones Classic requirements
      are so that it can start up most quickly and with fewest unnecessary
      applications and extensions in the way?

      Thanks.