[wpmac] Re: [ANN] WP 4.0 Icon/Version updater

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@a... wrote:

      > I have followed the whole thread on this subject, but I never saw an
      > explanation of the benefit of installing the WP 4.0 updater.  I am currently using the
      > 3.5e updater in Classic on my iMac G5 OSX.10.4.

      I think you mean the icon/version updater. It's a visual enhancement
      only, like the splash screen. The only small functionality it might
      have is that it sets the visible version # to 4.0.2 to correspond to the
      internal version number.

      What's important for functionality is that 3.5e (as downloaded from
      sites in the Links section here) be updated with the Updater for
      OS 8 and 9, also in the Links section.

      > If there is a reason for updating, where can I get the Akua Sweets 143
      > package. It is not in the Scripting Addtions folder in my System 9 Folder.

      Akua is a nice, free, addition to your system for a number of third-party
      enhancements, such as MetaMacro, which will run a macro on any
      number of files at once. It's downloadable at:

      http://osaxen.com/files/akuasweets1.4.3.html

      or

      http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/dev/osa/akua-sweets-143.hqx