Re: [wpmac] Re: [ANN] WP 4.0 Icon/Version updater

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
      Sorry about the half-written email that got sent too soon.

      I have followed the whole thread on this subject, but I never saw an
      explanation of the benefit of installing the WP 4.0 updater.  I am currently using the
      3.5e updater in Classic on my iMac G5 OSX.10.4.

      If there is a reason for updating, where can I get the Akua Sweets 143
      package. It is not in the Scripting Addtions folder in my System 9 Folder.

      Thanks,
      Ruth R.

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@a... wrote:

        > I have followed the whole thread on this subject, but I never saw an
        > explanation of the benefit of installing the WP 4.0 updater.  I am currently using the
        > 3.5e updater in Classic on my iMac G5 OSX.10.4.

        I think you mean the icon/version updater. It's a visual enhancement
        only, like the splash screen. The only small functionality it might
        have is that it sets the visible version # to 4.0.2 to correspond to the
        internal version number.

        What's important for functionality is that 3.5e (as downloaded from
        sites in the Links section here) be updated with the Updater for
        OS 8 and 9, also in the Links section.

        > If there is a reason for updating, where can I get the Akua Sweets 143
        > package. It is not in the Scripting Addtions folder in my System 9 Folder.

        Akua is a nice, free, addition to your system for a number of third-party
        enhancements, such as MetaMacro, which will run a macro on any
        number of files at once. It's downloadable at:

        http://osaxen.com/files/akuasweets1.4.3.html

        or

        http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/dev/osa/akua-sweets-143.hqx