Re: [wpmac] Running Classic on MacIntel boxes (was: Apple Shipping Intel Chips Today

  • Karl Winkelmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2006
      > On or about 1/12/2006 10:58 PM pjones1@...
      > AKA Phillip Jones, C.E.T. eruditely mused the following:

      >I was just reading something in Mac Addict Magazine that "might" allow
      >OS9 to run on Intel Machine. Now whether it eventual will??? Its
      >called VT Virtualization Technology, or Vanderpool Technology.

      On another list there was mention of the possibility of running pre-OS X
      applications under Basilisk II is a 68k mac emulator that will emulate
      either a Mac Classic (System 0.x thru 7.5.5) or a Mac II series machine
      (System 7.x thru 8.1) depending on the ROM image used.

      As WP 3.5 used to run in Mac OS 7, this might be a distinct possibility
      for a continuing ability of using WP on the new MacIntel boxes. Check
      out <http://basilisk.cebix.net/>.

      Will report back if I hear any new news.

      Cheers
      Karl Winkelmann