Re: [wpmac] walk me through the porcedure please

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...> wrote:

      > Experience with HP printers (admittedly an inkjet) is that they don't
      > work from Classic even if there are OS9 drivers, but others may have
      > had a different experience.

      I have an HP LaserJet 1300 which I print to from WP-Mac (and I suppose other Classic apps, too, but WP-Mac is the only one I can swear to) on 10.3.9.
      s well.
      I think the 1200 was the model that preceded mine, so it should ship with Mac OS 8/9 drivers a

      The setup procedure I used was something like this:
      1. Start Classic
      2. Find the Mac OS 8/9 driver installer on the HP CD (it's probably also available from HP.com) and install
      3. Set up the printer using the Desktop Printer Utility (?)--iirc, LaserWriter 8 doesn't directly support USB laser printers--choosing the correct PPD, giving it a nice name, etc.
      4. Select the print from the Print dialogue box in WP-Mac

      For some odd reason, Classic seems to forget that the printer exists between restarts, so I have to repeat steps 3 and 4 each new Classic session :-( It may be related to whether I have the printer on when Classic starts or some other wierdness, but it's not a big enough hassle for me to worry about, especially since I'm not printing every time I'm in Classic.

      Hope this helps,
      Smokey