Re: Digest Number 291

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2005
      On 25 Dec 2005 21:41:30 +0100, Paul Meijer <interneth@...> wrote:

      >Op 24-dec-2005, om 22:27 heeft wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com het
      >volgende geschreven:
      >
      >> I'd really be surprised if, this far out, any new printers still
      >> include drivers for Mac OS 8/9.
      >>
      >> That said, if John R's tips don't work for you for some reason, you
      >> can also use the LaserWriter8 driver with any laser printer's .PPD
      >> file to print to file and let Mac OS X's Preview convert the
      >> resulting .ps file to PDF and print it to your printer. Although I
      [...]
      >> Smokey
      >
      >Thank you all for the response. I tried the LaserWriter8 driver in
      >the Chooser and that works, even in color. But I have no idea how to
      >take the fonts in the conversion process. Most of my files use the
      >Futura MD BT font. Also I noticed that columns didn't work out well
      >in the conversion. Any further suggestions?

      I'm not sure about the columns (they really should work without any
      problem; I haven't ever had any problems), but you can embed fonts by
      choosing "Save as File" from the menu in the Print dialogue (the menu
      that displays "General" by default) and then setting "Font Inclusion"
      to anything other than "None" (I usually use "All" or "All but
      standard 13"--the latter if I'm using, in addition to "custom fonts",
      some of the standard PDF fonts that are installed on every system and
      want to cut down on the filesize a bit).

      I'm away at the moment, but I can explain in greater detail next week
      if this doesn't make sense :-)

      Smokey

      --
      Smokey Ardisson
      Graduate Student in Middle Eastern and African History