Re: [wpmac] Wordperfect

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2005
      Orlando Penner said:

      >Does anyone know where i can get the latest version of
      >Word Perfect that runs in osx tiger or panther?

      Corel discontinued the Macintosh version of WordPerfect a good number of
      years ago. The last version of WordPerfect that was being offered for
      sale when it was discontinued can still be found available for free
      download on the Web, and it is the "latest version." You can still use
      that product on even the most recent Macs, running the most recent
      version of OS X, but it has to run in the Classic environment.

      There is no OS X-native version of WordPerfect, and there is not the
      slightest indication there ever will be.

      > Now
      >i'm using wordperfect and running in virtual windows
      >but that seems to run very slow. My daughter is using
      >the computer for university and she insists on using
      >word perfect instead of word. I'm running a 12"
      >powerbook g4 1ghz.

      I'm not sure if you are saying that you are running the Windows version
      of WordPerfect in VirtualPC, or if you are running WordPerfect/Mac in
      Classic. If you are doing the latter, especially on a G4/1Ghz Powerbook,
      there is no good reason that it should be running "very slowly." You may
      want to try all of the routine maintenance on this site and see if you
      pick up more speed:

      OS X Routine Maintenance and Generic Troubleshooting
      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

      Randy B. Singer

      "Within the computer industry, the description, 'more like a Macintosh'
      is always a high praise. The description 'more like Windows' is rarely
      used as praise." - Cary Lu, The Seattle Times