Re: [wpmac] Converting from WP8 to WP Mac 3.5e

  • J Busch
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      XMBWD,
      Have you updated your conversions folder for WP Mac
      3.5e.
      If not you can download the updated conversion .sit
      file from the files/Conversions section of this group.
      If you need more instructions, reference the
      Conversions Guide.pdf found at:
      http://homepage.mac.com/eagle4031/FileSharing32.html

      If you have done this, I remember a similar post
      earlier this year but don't remember the solution. I
      will have to search the archives or maybe someelse can
      help. If the above doesn't work, let me know and I
      will see what else might be done.

      -Jonathan

      --- xmbwd <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hi there. First post.
      >
      > My issue is that I have a bunch of files that were
      > created on WP8 for
      > PC (obviously). They reside on my mac (G4
      > Powerbook, 10.3.9) and are
      > recognizeable as .wpd files (i.e., the OS sees them
      > as WP and, if
      > double clicked, will open WP).
      >
      > But when I open these files and WP3.5 uses its
      > converter (WP 6.x - 8.x
      > Import), the resulting file in WP3.5 is incomplete.
      > That is, WP3.5
      > opens a nicely translated document, with all fonts
      > and formatting in
      > place, but it abrubtly ends somewhere toward the end
      > of the document.
      >
      > I know that there is more information in the
      > translated file, because
      > MacLinkPlus translates the entire file (though not
      > as well as WP3.5).
      >
      > Anyone know how to fix this?
      >
      > I have:
      > Downloaded/installed the WP3.5e version
      > and the WP Updater for OS 8 and 9.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • xmbwd
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hi Jonathan. I neglected to mention in my initial post that I had
        downloaded those conversion files and added them to my WP folder.

        I hadn't tried the droplets, but using the "Drop WP6+ File to Open
        WPMac" didn't work: it opens the file in WPMac, says its importing a
        WP6/WP8 file, and the result ends abruptly toeards the end of the
        document.

        I did try to search for a solution, but maybe used the wrong terms.
        I couldn't find one.

        Any help is greatly appreciated.

        Thanks. - M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
          M.

          I found this post:
          which states a similar problem to yours. One thing
          that you might try is increasing the memory for WP.
          First make sure to quit WP.

          To increase the memory, go to your Corel WP folder.
          Right click on the Corel Wordperfect program icon and
          select "Get Info". Or if you don't have a second
          button select the icon and press the cmd+i keys.
          Under the "Ownership & Permissions" section make sure
          you can read & write. If not you will have to login
          with an admin account to make the changes. Then under
          the "Memory" section increase minimum size to 10,000
          and maximum size to 20,000 kb. Close the Corel
          Wordperfect info window and try to open up your
          document. If the conversion process still ends, note
          if it is able to convert any more of the document than
          it did before. If so you can try increasing the
          memory even more.
          Hopefully this will work for you.

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com