Re: [wpmac] [ANN] Word > WP 2.0 - for OSX and Classic

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      I have Ragtime Solo 5.6.4 (a wonderful programme). I dropped a .doc
      file with tables on the converter, it passed through Ragtime and I
      received a WP file but it only contained Ragtime code. Are tables
      beyond the converter? I'm also having problems with footnotes, but,
      as the readme warns, my rtf converter may be corrupt.

      Geoff

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2005
        Update to Error Message: As John's email proposed, I downloaded a new
        version of WP's Conversions folder and copied across the RTF
        converter. I got the Error message once again, but then I ran the
        droplet on an rtf file through Ragtime and that worked. I then tried
        it on a simple .doc file and that worked, too (it actually wasn't
        that simple - there were hyperlinks in the file and these were
        translated). Finally, I ran it on a .doc file with loads of footnotes
        - no problems. It still can't do tables or graphics (no matter what
        it seems to say it's doing), but this is the best Word conversion
        I've seen.

        Geoff