Applescript & scripting additions

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      – - In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, J Busch <job4031@y . . . > wrote:

      > Good news, v1.0.2 worked! It took some work though.
      > I got the <<script>> doesn't understand the <<event
      > AkuaAkuS>> message, even though I had Akua Sweet
      > installed. The problem was that the script was set to
      > run in OS X, so changed it to run in OS 9. A simple
      > Get Info and check the run in OS 9 box fixed
      > everything.
      >
      > Also, I have a few questiongs about scripting. I am
      > trying to understand the command calls to Akua and how
      > they work. I figured out that all of Akua's commands
      > are viewable through the dictionary. But how do you
      > know the <<event name>> such as AkuaAkuS (to get the
      > version number), when the dictionary has it listed as
      > "Akua Version"? I am new to applescripts and
      > appreciate any guidance on where to find good
      > tutorials and examples. My background is in C & Ada.

      Jonathan, was your question ever answered? Can't find it in the
      archives.

      When you open a classic script (in the classic version of Script
      Editor, necessary so that it can access the scripting additions
      in the classic system folder), and click compile, the editor
      should look for Apple events, e.g. <<AkuaAkuaS>> among the
      installed scripting additions, and replace the raw event in the
      script's text with that command as found in the dictionary. If
      you're not getting this, your installation of Akua would be the
      problem. Note that the OSX Script Editor does not look at
      additions in the classic system folder.