Re: Installing WP4 Splash Screen 1.0.2

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
      > Help! I am currently installing WP Mac on my new iBook.
      > Have used it previously on several Macs. The installation
      > went off without a hitch except for the splash screen.
      > Everytime I click on the installer (WP4 Splash Screen
      > 1.0.2) it takes me to the Script Editor

      I don't understand how you're going to Script Editor with
      this. The installer is an applet, i.e. an application that runs
      when double clicked, rather than opening the editor.

      > and if I then
      > click run it gives me the message "<<script>> doesn't
      > understand the <<event> AkuaAkuS>>".

      Have you installed the Akua Sweets scripting addition (osax),
      in the Scripting Additions folder in your [Classic] System Folder,
      and restarted Classic?

      > I found a similar
      > message from J Busch in the archives. The response from J
      > Busch says to set the script to run in OS 9 by going to
      > Get Info and checking the run in OS 9 box. I don't see any
      > such box on my Get Info screen associated with the splash
      > screen installer. What am I doing wrong?

      My Get Info screen for a newly downloaded copy of the Installer
      shows that box as checked.