Quotes smart/plain macro

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      John, thank you for yet another greatly helpful macro.

      It works better than what I had been using, namely the Smart Quotes
      Toggle command (to which I of course assigned a keystroke), which works
      fine except that there is no indication of the setting until you type a
      quote mark; and the Smart<->Plain Quotes macro from the Cool Macros!
      file that came in the WP 3.5e Extras folder. This macro sometimes works
      and sometimes hangs, then when I interrupt it by typing command-period,
      it turns out to have added several lines of quotation marks at the
      beginning of the document INSTEAD OF changing the document's existing
      quotation marks.

      John, the idea to combine the two functions is great, and (so far) your
      macro works smoothly, and faster than the "cool" macro did when it did work.

      I urge everyone on this list to download "Quotes smart <-> plain.sit"
      from the Yahoo site, and install it, with a convenient keystroke.

      Tom

      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Licensed Clinical Psychologist
      1140 Lake Street, Suite 508