Re: [wpmac] Re: footnotes in tables?

  • RjC
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
      hopefully, to make this simpler, we would like to have a endnote within the
      table corresponding to a footnote at the bottom of the same page (as opposed
      to my previous post where I advised we wanted to have the endnote in the
      table). Is this possible?

      Here is what we have: a small table of 5-6 rows, 4 columns in the middle of
      a page. In a cell with the description of one of the column headings, we
      want to have a endnote number corresponding to text at the bottom of the
      same page. I only seem to be able to get it to appear at the end of the
      document, however, when I select new endnote, in the resulting screen, there
      is an options button which brings up a window where "endnote" is selected
      and there are options such as "based on" and "link to" which I thought might
      allow me to get the endnote to the bottom of the page, however, I haven't
      yet been successful. Any thoughts or is this not able to be done?

      thanks for your assistance.

      circa 11/1/2005 6:44 PM, "[rjc]" <[rjtc@...]> opined:

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
        This is where I have to hand over the baton to someone else. Endnotes
        are not my speciality. I have tried moving them to the bottom of the
        page, but I seem to remember that that was something to do with where
        they appear on the last page - they still appeared at the end of the
        document.

        Sorry

        Geoff

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RjC <rjtc@o...> wrote:

          > hopefully, to make this simpler, we would like to have a
          > endnote within the table corresponding to a footnote at
          > the bottom of the same page (as opposed to my previous
          > post where I advised we wanted to have the endnote in the
          > table). Is this possible?

          Try this:

          Enter your notes as endnotes (so they will enter in the
          table) but use Note Editor 5.0, free in the Files section
          here. When your document is finished and formatted (so that
          page breaks are set), leaving some room at the bottom of
          each page and adding hard page breaks, paste each page's
          notes from the Note Editor into that page's footer or into
          body text at the bottom of the page.

          John R.
        • RjC
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
            John & Geoff: thank's so much for your reply's. Once we learned that we
            couldn't use footnotes/endnotes in tables, at least in the way we wanted, we
            decided to remove the 2 tables so we could footnotes. Again, many thanks
            for your time. rich

            circa 11/2/2005 6:34 PM, "[rjc]" <[rjtc@...]> opined: