Re: [wpmac] Re: WP_DocCompare

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2005
      In a message dated 10/25/05 2:32:20 PM, jrethorst@... writes:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@a... wrote:
      > >
      > > Is it necessary to install both versions (2.0.1 and 2.1)?   Or is
      > > either one of the sufficient for OS X 10.4?   If I need both,
      > > how do they differ?
      > >
      > > Where do I file it or them)?   In the WP folder?
      >
      > For OSX, use v. 2.1. The script needs to be in a script menu; the
      > droplet can be anywhere.

      ***** I'm having a hard time following your directions, John. Beneath the
      two icons of WP DocCompare and WP DocCompare.scpt it says "To run the script,
      copy the file "WP DocCompare.scpt" into the "/Library/Scripts" folder ... "
      I don't have a folder with that name, nor do I have a "corresponding folder
      inside [my] home directory."

      The instructions also say, "Start the “Script Runner” application, available
      in the folder “/Applications/AppleScript”. My AppleScript folder does not
      contain an application named "Script Runner."

      The more I read, the more confused I become. I'm beginning to wonder if it
      might be easier just to manually/visually compare two documents.

      Ruth R.