Macros: [was Re: Gold Key]

  • Rick Albright
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
      Thanks to John for the Letterswitch macro. I had tried a slightly
      different version of this a few years ago (some of the macro commands
      were different), but could never get it to work. I transpose letters
      constantly, and this is very handy. However, I wouldn't mind something
      that would work in other apps as well.

      Phillip, I know that TypeIt4Me can complete abbreviations, etc. Am I
      correct that this can work in any OSX application? I wasn't aware of
      the auto-correct feature. Can it be turned off, or applied selectively?
      I like being able to quickly untranspose letters, for example, with a
      keystroke (which John's macro does very well). But I really dislike
      auto-correct features as a rule because I'm often typing quotations in
      Middle English, or other texts with archaic or very irregular spelling,
      and auto-correct software is usually trying to change this as I go. I
      need to control this, but want to be able to run it quickly and easily
      as I need it.

      Thanks,
      Rick Albright