Re: Political Rant

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
      WP already was in that position, back when all platforms meant DOS,
      Mac, Next, Amiga, Atari etc. I don't know whether documents were
      cross-platform. IAC Microsoft still ran them off the road.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
      wrote:

      > But only if all platforms could read files from all other platforms
      >
      > > You know the thing about it is, if WordPerfect really wanted to
      > > give Microsoft a run for its money, they could resurrect some
      > > of their shelved versions (Mac, Linux, Java, Unix) and
      > > become a ubiquitous presence with a version for every platform.
      > > You would think that would be appealing to a lot of mixed
      > > platform offices and organizations.
    • Rick Mansfield
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...> wrote:
        > But only if all platforms could read files from all other platforms ....

        Well, of course. Put WP out there everywhere and let all versions read each others' files.