Re: Political Rant (was: Re: Future of WordPerfect Redux)

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
      But only if all platforms could read files from all other platforms ....

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
        WP already was in that position, back when all platforms meant DOS,
        Mac, Next, Amiga, Atari etc. I don't know whether documents were
        cross-platform. IAC Microsoft still ran them off the road.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
        wrote:

        > But only if all platforms could read files from all other platforms
        >
        > > You know the thing about it is, if WordPerfect really wanted to
        > > give Microsoft a run for its money, they could resurrect some
        > > of their shelved versions (Mac, Linux, Java, Unix) and
        > > become a ubiquitous presence with a version for every platform.
        > > You would think that would be appealing to a lot of mixed
        > > platform offices and organizations.
      • Rick Mansfield
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...> wrote:
          > But only if all platforms could read files from all other platforms ....

          Well, of course. Put WP out there everywhere and let all versions read each others' files.