Re: [wpmac] Re: Gold Key

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      Whew! It's going to take me a while to figure this all out, but I didn't
      want to delay thanking you for such a thorough and prompt solution.

      Ruth R.
      ================================

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@a... wrote:

        > Whew! It's going to take me a while to figure this all out, but I
        > didn't want to delay thanking you for such a thorough and
        > prompt solution.

        You're most welcome. I should have organized my post better, to say
        it covered two independent things: the gold key, and the Letterswitch
        macro. This macro is probably the one I use most often (and so have
        assigned it the F2 keystroke myself).

        John R.
      • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          What you are talking about can be done with TypeIt4Me.
          I had it in OS 9 and have it in OSX.

          what you do is each time you discover something like that highlight it
          and choose copy. the open TypeIt4Me and create new item paste in the
          title box then in the box below type the correct spelling save it.

          Then as soon as you type the mistake it automatically corrects according
          to what you typed.

          You can also use it to type something you want to repeat just by a
          couple of keys strokes.

          for example I can type Tiger and slash key / and it will type the below

          "PowerBook 17" with 2 GB system RAM, 1.67GHZ and OSX.4.2 and"

          I use this in the apple support newsgroup to identify me as using both:

          PowerBook 17" with 2 GB system RAM, 1.67GHZ and OSX.4.2 and a
          PowerPC G4-500 using OSX.3.9 1.5 GB system RAM and ATI Radeon 9000 video
          card.

          I uses it to correct n a d for and hte for the and other key reversals
          as well.

          John Rethorst wrote:
          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RBRoufberg@a... wrote:
          >
          > > Whew! It's going to take me a while to figure this all out, but I
          > > didn't want to delay thanking you for such a thorough and
          > > prompt solution.
          >
          > You're most welcome. I should have organized my post better, to say
          > it covered two independent things: the gold key, and the Letterswitch
          > macro. This macro is probably the one I use most often (and so have
          > assigned it the F2 keystroke myself).
          >
          > John R.
        • Rick Albright
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
            Thanks to John for the Letterswitch macro. I had tried a slightly
            different version of this a few years ago (some of the macro commands
            were different), but could never get it to work. I transpose letters
            constantly, and this is very handy. However, I wouldn't mind something
            that would work in other apps as well.

            Phillip, I know that TypeIt4Me can complete abbreviations, etc. Am I
            correct that this can work in any OSX application? I wasn't aware of
            the auto-correct feature. Can it be turned off, or applied selectively?
            I like being able to quickly untranspose letters, for example, with a
            keystroke (which John's macro does very well). But I really dislike
            auto-correct features as a rule because I'm often typing quotations in
            Middle English, or other texts with archaic or very irregular spelling,
            and auto-correct software is usually trying to change this as I go. I
            need to control this, but want to be able to run it quickly and easily
            as I need it.

            Thanks,
            Rick Albright