Re: [wpmac] Future of WordPerfect Redux

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      Phillip Jones, C.E.T. said:

      >If that's the problem why doesn't Corel sell WordPerfect to someone else.
      >
      >I mean the Mac, PC, Linux, Unix versions period. Since they want to go
      >strictly into Graphics which was their Forte before buying WordPerfect.
      >
      >They are dumb or stubborn?

      This has already been addressed on this list several times. Corel has
      indicated that they don't want to sell the WP/Mac product to someone else
      because they fear that such a product in the hands of another company
      might reflect badly on the WP/Win product and devalue it.

      (Which is one of the reasons that I suspect that Corel is grooming WP to
      be sold to another company at some point.)

      Randy B. Singer

      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html