Keyboard Template

  • S Zaveloff
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
      Looking at the keyboard template for function key command entries, there
      are four lines shown. The top is "Opt," the next is "Shift," and the
      bottom one is blank. No problem with those. However, the modifier key
      for the second from the bottom looks like a black right triangle. What
      is this?
      Steven H. Zaveloff zaveloff@...
      P.O. Box 200203 Tel: (512)219-7142
      Austin, Texas 78720-0203 Fax: (512)233-2770
      http://home.earthlink.net/~zaveloff/

      Thus shall you think of this fleeting world:
      A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
      A flash of lightning in a summer cloud;
      A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
      -Diamond Sutra
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@e...>
        wrote:

        > Looking at the keyboard template for function key command entries,
        > there are four lines shown. The top is "Opt," the next is "Shift,"
        > and the bottom one is blank. No problem with those. However, the
        > modifier key for the second from the bottom looks like a black right
        > triangle. What is this?

        WP's template? Template for the Apple keyboards with the FN key? I
        don't recognize the symbol.
      • S Zaveloff
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
          John Rethorst wrote:
          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@e...>
          > wrote:
          >

          >>Looking at the keyboard template for function key command entries,
          >>there are four lines shown. The top is "Opt," the next is "Shift,"
          >>and the bottom one is blank. No problem with those. However, the
          >>modifier key for the second from the bottom looks like a black right
          >>triangle. What is this?
          >

          > WP's template? Template for the Apple keyboards with the FN key? I
          > don't recognize the symbol.

          It's for the extended Apple keyboard that includes the keys F1-F15.
          The template is in the Extras folder in the Corel WP Enhanced folder.
          Actually, I figured out what it is. I just printed it before without
          looking at it. This time I opened and enlarged it and it turns out the
          mark is the command mark. There must have been a font incompatibility.

          Sorry for wasting the bandwidth.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, S Zaveloff <zaveloff@e...>

            > It's for the extended Apple keyboard that includes the keys F1-F15.
            > The template is in the Extras folder in the Corel WP Enhanced
            > folder.
            > Actually, I figured out what it is. I just printed it before
            > without
            > looking at it. This time I opened and enlarged it and it turns out
            > the
            > mark is the command mark. There must have been a font
            incompatibility.

            > Sorry for wasting the bandwidth.

            Not a problem - we like questions here. The topic reminds me of WP's
            Gold key - another modifier, just like command and option, to give
            Wp another 50 or so keyboard equivalents. See John's WP Tips & Macros
            in the Files section here.